100% customizable journey!
Duration: 9 Days, 8 Nights
Challenge level: High
- Fall in love with the Alps and feel yourself become a tiny part of them as you ascend your way to the top by bike
- Accompanied and guided by a passionate cyclist with over 5 years of experience and who uniquely designed this route
- Relax and enjoy a bikepacking trip perfectly-planned right to the tiniest detail
A quick overview
Nine day biking trip
6 cycling days, 1 rest day, 2 travel days
Your start and end point: Milan
Mileage per day: 80 km
Altitude per day: 1500 hm
About the cycling routes
The Orbian Alps
This cycling trip is characterized by the relaxing view of the great Italian lakes, combined with tough climbs in the Orbian Alps. It can be really steep in this part of the Alps, but the passes we climb are quiet, so you can enjoy in all silence and sometimes suffer. On the way, but especially on the tops, the views are breathtaking. Steep precipices and rugged rock walls surrounded by forest. The large well-known lakes that we visit (Lake Garda, Lake Como and Lake Iseo) are a feast for the eyes. These are wonderful paths to cycle along where you completely forget the time. A number of mountain passes that we climb are mentioned on the route map above.
About the food
The best of Italian cuisine
Italy is of course ‘la dolce vita’: you only live once, so you do it well. This is especially true for food and drink and in this journey, from the coffee you have for breakfast to the glass of wine in the evening, everything is authentically Italian. Rutger has paid a lot of attention on his meal selections, keeping in mind the necessity for recharging and refueling from all the exercise you’ll be doing. We’ll mainly have breakfast and dinner at the accommodation, and restaurants along the way have carefully been selected for lunch.
About your rest
With your comfort in mind
We will be staying in hotels and B&Bs, depending on the location and availability. The hotels are always equipped with separate, luxurious beds for optimal sleeping comfort. In addition, the hotels are located in quiet areas, so you can enjoy your night’s sleep in wonderful silence, not to mention the amazing view in the morning! Sometimes, you can enjoy extra facilities such as a swimming pool or sauna.
This journey is for the real adventurers who want to cycle with a bikepack, but who also want to enjoy the dolce vita of Italy. We will spend a week cycling along the most beautiful Italian lakes, and steep, breathtaking climbs. We rest in pleasant hotels or b&b’s that are fully equipped for your needs. Finally, the food is truly Italian, so come along pasta and pizza lovers! Scroll down for more details.
8 nights in beautiful hotels and b&bs
Full-board, everything included + sport drinks + sport bars
Guidance on bicycle, GPX route files, auxiliary car, technical help
24/7 in-country support by our nomad plus remote support by our team
Snacks in between meals, travel insurance, bike insurance, Covid-19 PCR test, souvenirs, etc.
Transportation from/to Milan by train ±€250, bike rental, bicycle check in-advance (±€50 to 100)
- Please note that itinerary details are subject to change due to unfavourable weather, local developments or other circumstances beyond our control. Our Nomad will ensure to minimize the effects of these changes on your experience, and they will keep you promptly updated.
- An important reminder while visiting all natural sites: as responsible travelers, we ask that you tread carefully so as not to disrupt the wildlife, rich flora and fauna.
- With has received the WTTC’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travelers with assurance that we are implementing globally standardised health and hygiene protocols to ensure safer travels during post-Covid 19 era. We’re also committed to and actively incorporating the ATTA’s health and safety practices.
Hi, I’m Rutger and I love biking! When I’m on my bike, I feel completely free, relaxed and fresh, and it always puts a smile on my face. My favorite thing about my biking trips is the slow speed and silence. I feel time stopping completely while I am surrounded and completely immersed by the tranquil greatness of nature. From the buds and blossoms in spring, the greenest greens in summer and finally the fiery colors of the leaves in autumn. Biking through all kinds of landscapes throughout all kinds of seasons reminds me every single time of how appreciative I am of nature. Come join me on one of my bikepacking trips, and you’ll instantly see, taste, feel exactly what I mean!
Other journeys you might like
Browse some travel plans crafted by our nomads to inspire you and give you an idea of what to expect when traveling with us. Keep in mind that each of them is 100% customizable to match your travel style and budget