100% customizable journey!
Duration: 4 Days, 3 Nights
Challenge level: Light
- Raw adventures in dramatic African landscapes
- Safe safari expeditions in private vehicles
- Exciting wildlife viewing with experienced local guides
- Genuine African hospitality in pristine areas that combine the feel of camping and comfort
A representative will be waiting for you at Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha Airstrip, depending on your flight details. You’ll swiftly be transferred to your accommodation in Arusha to prepare for your expedition starting the next day. Depending on your arrival time and your own preferences, there is an optional easy trek to the Materuni Waterfall, right in the middle of the green jungle in Mount Kilimanjaro, where you will also have the opportunity to learn about the coffee preparation process from the local people in the area.
Safari in Tarangire
After breakfast, you’ll be transferred to Tarangire National Park for a full day game drive inside. Our expected arrival time and entry to the park is around 11 am. You’ll be provided boxed lunches during break time. Tarangire is perfect for those seeking a different variety of animals like the wild dog, kudu, oryx or gerenuk as well as a large variety of bird species and remarkable concentrations of big cats. This wonderful park hosts the biggest herds of elephants in the country! Later in the afternoon, we’ll head to Karatu town next to Ngorongoro Conservation Area, where you will spend the night.
Early breakfast and safari en route to the descent into the Ngorongoro crater, as well as safari inside the crater. There is a possibility of spotting the big 5 in one day: Lion, Rhino, Elephant, Buffalo and Leopard. This UNESCO Heritage Site is where plenty of animals found their home. Ngorongoro used to be a volcano that collapsed and created a 300 km2 crater that’s about 600 m deep. The breath-taking views win the adoration of every single human who visits, as all that awaits you inside is a natural wonder!
Back to Arusha
Transfer back to Arusha after breakfast. The expected arrival time to Arusha is 11 am. For an additional fee, it is possible to add a safari in Lake Manyara National Park before you leave, depending on your departure flight timings.
If you want to add more days to your trip, we recommend our Zanzibar extension package. It’ll be a perfect way to unwind and end your African adventure.
This short itinerary is perfect for those with limited time, yet it ensures you will be able to visit 2 of the top safari areas in northern Tanzania. Starting from Arusha town, the first stop is Tarangire National Park, reigned by its perennial river attracting the biggest herds of elephants in the country. From there, you will visit the extraordinary UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ngorongoro.
What’s more? Joining as a couple, family or group of friends means you can get a more budget-friendly quotation — contact us for more details.
3 nights accommodation in lodges and tented camps (medium-tier and high-tier options available)
3 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 dinners (excluding drinks)
Airport transfers and all local transfers mentioned in itinerary
Private 4×4 all-terrain vehicle (Toyota Land Cruiser) with experienced and knowledgeable guide
All activities mentioned in itinerary, including park entry fees
24/7 in-country support by local team and our remote team
Any extra accommodation, meal(s) and drink(s), transportation or activities not mentioned in itinerary. Also any extra spendings (Covid-19 PCR test, tips, souvenirs, telephones, etc.)
- A gentle reminder while visiting all natural sites: as responsible travelers, we ask that you tread carefully so as not to disrupt the wildlife and rich flora
- Please note that itinerary details are subject to change due to unfavourable weather, local developments or other circumstances beyond our control. Our Nomad will ensure to minimize the effects of these changes on your experience, and they will keep you promptly updated
- Kindly ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel before making the decision to book this journey
- With has received the WTTC’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travelers with assurance that we are implementing globally standardised health and hygiene protocols to ensure safer travels. We’re also committed to and actively incorporating the ATTA’s health and safety practices.
After experiencing a tragic loss, Guillem decided to get on a bicycle and ride without a clear destination. He has traveled to over 46 countries and lived in 5 more ever since.
Guillem has worked in the tourism industry for over 10 years now, running operations of 10 community-based safari camps in east Africa as well as managing his own online travel agency, focused on designing customized journeys in sub-Saharan African destinations. These activities satisfy his thirst for new experiences and offer the possibility not only to interact with people, but to provide the tools to improve lives through the work he does.
Other journeys you might like
Crafted to inspire you. Each Journey is 100% customizable. Your preferences, your budget, your dates